Signpost Stockport for Carers and Stockport & District Mind are delighted to be part of the new Stockport Support Hub launched by Stockport Council.
Stockport Support Hub brings together a range of (newly commissioned) support services offering adults and families in Stockport the early advice and support they need to help them live independently and well.
The services available are:
- Your Support – Providing one to one support to help you make changes to improve your health and wellbeing and build your confidence.
- Community Support – Connecting you and your family to community activities, groups, peer support, learning and volunteering opportunities, and providing support to develop community activities.
- Home Support – Providing practical support to help you maintain your home environment and live safely and independently in your own home. A specialist hoarding service is also available.
- Carers Support – Supporting you if you care for someone that would struggle to manage without you because of illness, disability, frailty, a long-term condition (including mental illness or dementia) or addiction.
- Transport Support – Providing transport if you are you struggling to get to appointments and activities or finding it difficult to use public transport.
- Domestic Abuse Support – Supporting you if you are affected by domestic abuse.
To ask for support yourself or to make a referral for somebody else, simply complete the referral form on the Stockport Support Hub website https://stockportsupport.com/, call 0161 474 1042 or text 07539 468 560 (this text option is for people who are deaf or affected by hearing loss).
If you’re not sure exactly what help you need, somebody from the Hub can talk this through with you and will be able to guide you to the support that’s right for you.