Signpost Stockport for Carers was established in 1986 and is based at The Heatons Centre in Heaton Moor Village. We manage and maintain the beautiful and historic Heatons Centre building, leasing offices to other voluntary sector organisations. There are two large conference rooms and other meeting rooms for hire which help generate a small income for the organisation.
Signpost receives vital funding from Stockport Council through the Wellbeing and Independence Network, Stockport Together, The National Lottery, BBC Children in Need, The Henry Smith Charity, Lloyds Bank Foundation and other charitable foundations and initiatives.
Where does the funding go?
Without funding, we could not continue our important work. Every contribution, large or small, makes a huge difference.
- £25,000 enables us to employ a full-time benefits home worker for a year.
- £8,000 enables us to provide all our carers with a Connecting Carers Card which serves as an emergency alert card aswell as a discount card to help carers feel less isolated in their communities.
- £1,500 enables us to host a ‘Wellbeing Day’ with information and complimentary therapies for carers.
- £1,000 enables us to pay the costs of several Activities for Carers for a year.
- £400 enables us to run an ‘Internet Skills’ course helping isolated carers to access online information and support.