The Money Wise project helps carers navigate the disability benefits system and social care systems, empowering them to manage their money and debt, budgeting and planning for the future with an improved understanding and confidence of how to manage their own financial situation.
How we can help
Residents of Stockport can make the most of our team, which includes two Money Wise Officers, who are well-versed in what benefits are available and the eligibility criteria for each. As well as helping you identify suitable benefits and obtain the right forms, we can also offer home visits to assist in filling them in which makes the whole process much less daunting.
The Money Wise Officers deliver a bespoke support service offering:
- Information and support to address the carer’s financial situation as well providing information about other forms of help available through the social care system and other services
- Practical support in completing benefit forms, financial and legal information, alongside debt advice and management
- Budgeting and planning support, working collaboratively with the carer to give them greater confidence around money issues
- Provision of well-being information to help minimise the impact of caring on the carer’s own physical and mental health
- Contingency planning advice, including saving for future eventualities
- Group workshops on managing your money/budgeting/ financial planning
- Information and advice around financial and health power of attorney
Thanks to generous funding from The Henry Smith Charity, Signpost’s Money Wise project launched in 2018!
We’re here to help with benefits including:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independent Payment
- Carer’s Allowance
- Council Tax reduction
Find out more
Visit our Benefits Information page to find out more about the different benefits available. If you have any questions, please contact us via the Contact Us button, give us a ring on 0161 442 0442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Henry Smith Charity aims to bring about lasting change to people’s lives,
helping them to benefit from and contribute to society.