Signpost Stockport for Carers is a well respected and forward thinking carers support organisation, based in Heaton Moor, Stockport. We lead on the delivery the Carers Support element of Stockport Support Hub. Signpost supports Stockport residents, from the age of 6 years old who have an unpaid caring role for a family member, partner, friend or neighbour.
This post of Office and Admin Support Worker (Adult Carers) has become vacant following internal promotion and is an excellent opportunity for someone joining or returning to the workforce. It is varied and interesting, with opportunities for progression across the organisation.
Job Role: Office and Admin Support Worker (Adult Carers)
Hours: 37 Hours (open to job share)
Salary: £18,500 pro rata – plus 3% Pension Contributions
Contract: To March 2023, with possibility of extension.
This person will have experience of working with the general public, and will be supporting carers, colleagues and clients over the telephone and face to face. This post will be based in our Heaton Moor office.
The Office and Admin Support Worker (Adult Carers) needs the following skills and attributes:
EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – The ability to build relationships with a variety of people, & an ability to draw out information and record accurately and without prejudice.
FLEXIBILITY – The role is varied and requires someone who is able to adapt to change and undertake a variety of roles and tasks. This includes ‘hands-on’ carer support.
TEAM PLAYER – As a key role in a small and busy team, this person must be willing to share with, and learn from, colleagues offering peer support and training.
UNDERSTANDING OF CARERS – It is essential that this person has a good understanding of
what it means to be an unpaid carer and the impacts that this can have.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you are interested in joining our team and how you meet the criteria as described in the job description and person specification below. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
Closing date is Monday 20th June. We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The main tasks will be as follows:
- To be the first responder to carers that telephone the office or contact the service via email or web registrations
- To prepare and distribute welcome packs for newly registered carers, and ensure that information is accurate and appropriate
- To accurately record information collected on the required databases
- To support the buildings and admin team manager with booking rooms for external and internal users, and ensuring the spaces are ready to use on a daily basis
- To ensure that the Heatons Centre is a pleasant, safe, tidy building to use and work in
- To support the Carers Assessment team to book in and follow up Carers Assessments.
- To support the Carer Support Workers in delivering activities and groups
- To work as an effective team member, sharing skills and supporting colleagues
- To deliver on agreed outcomes of the work in a positive and supportive environment
- To regularly follow up and review with carers, collecting feedback and user input for service development
- To identify and attend training and learning opportunities relevant to the role and for personal & professional development.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions with the line manager, individually and as a team
- To support the line manager in collating monitoring and evaluation information for reporting and development purposes
- To ensure that statutory responsibilities of this role are met on a day-to-day basis, including GDPR, safeguarding and health and safety
- To represent Signpost Stockport for Carers at external events
- To support the organisation in achieving its overall objectives, including raising awareness of what it means to be a carer, the services and support offered by Signpost and increasing donations made to the charity.
Please click here to download the full job spec.